So, this little piece of writing is sort of a follow-up to the last short piece. It's just as short, but at least it's something to post.
Now they are merely faces lost in the depths of time, the memories blurred and distorted beyond measure. Their voices are now only whispers in my mind, painful reminders of the glorious past. But that’s over now. Yes, there are adequate substitutes for those I have lost, but they are only adequate. They were perfect, fulfilling my every need and brushing aside my many flaws and guiding me when I should have guided them. All that has disappeared, replaced with a cold and harsh emptiness. All that compassion, love . . . friendship, is gone.
Um, well, now you know how cheery and rainbows-and-sunshiney my writing is, from the short-lived June story to Forever to this. Perfect for warm and cozy bedtime stories, don't ya think?
Well, it's better than that one I wrote about my future daughters mourning my death . . . XD
ReplyDelete