Thursday, July 12, 2012

From Happy to Shocked to . . . Whatever You Want to Call It

After becoming seriously addicted to Vi Hart, I've been doodling quite a bit, although my doodles are merely doodles instead of elaborate art with mathematical reasoning behind it.
One of my favorite doodles is a little face I draw and transform with just a few lines.  It's very unprofessional and pathetic, but it's the best I'll ever get and I wanted to share it with you.


You start out with a simple smiley face:
Then, add a circle around each eye and a curve above the mouth, making an oval:
Now it's a surprised face!  At least, I think so . . .


Anyway.  The next step is to add eyelashes and draw a horizontal line through the middle of the mouth, resulting in this:
So now you're left with a crude representation of someone with long lashes and big lips, which may or may not please you.  Maybe coloring it in would help?
Okay, that's just scary.  Maybe if you can draw better than I can, it wouldn't end up so disturbing.
To erase that terrifying image from our minds, let's all look at this beautiful drawing, also done by me:








Note: These drawings were made with MS Paint, which is not the best tool for creating spectacular digital drawings.  I also purposefully made these terrible, and I apologize for any disturbances caused by these doodles.

1 comment:

  1. Aww. Don't diss mah Paint. You just haven't met my friendly curve tool. Believe me. Even with about zero artistic skill, I was able to draw a pretty fair manga eye. Oh, and the house (http://thewordnebula-phoenix.blogspot.com/2011/12/gimp.html) . . . although that wasn't quite so good.
    :) You should go befriend the curve tool . . .

    ReplyDelete