Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The REAL Equivalent of Albus Dumbledore

I'll start off by saying that Gandalf is not relevant to this.  First of all, he never existed anyway, and therefore he isn't real.  And he also isn't the true equivalent of Dumbledore, because, as far as I know, he never had a slightly traumatizing childhood.
Anne Sullivan did.
I won't bore you with a biography of her life, because you can Google that if you're truly interested (or just check out Teacher, by Helen Keller, out at the library; it's quite a good book and has spectacular writing . . . much better than a Wikipedia bio), and will skip straight to my point(s).

. . . I feel too tired and lazy right now to organize this into a blogging-style essay, so I'll just make a little list of reasons why Anne Sullivan was so much like Dumblydore (purposeful typo).  But who knows?  I may turn this into expository writing anyway and you may not read this.  But that's unlikely . . .

1.  She underwent some pretty traumatizing and heartbreaking situations in the almshouse she lived in from the age of nine to when she was fourteen years old.  Her little brother died, peoples.  Sound like Albus and Ariana?
2.  She persevered and braved a lot of condescending people to get where she got.
3.  She was an excellent teacher, especially for the different students (don't need to tie that to Dumbledore . . . it's a little obvious, isn't it?).
And, last of all . . . 4.  She would've lived to a ripe old age if not for health problems.

So there.  I could actually go into a whole lot more, but I'm really afraid of this turning into one of my rant-rambles, so I'll just leave it at this.  For now.  I might edit it eventually, but that is soooo unlikely, I don't think it would even be reasonable to hope.  ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment