"I hate you!"
The words rang in my ears as I tore down the sidewalk, the late autumn wind sending leaves skittering across the street. Sweeping my hair angrily out of my face, I hurried on, making sure not to look back.
This couldn't be happening. It couldn't. We had been friends forever, and then he just went and ditched me. What was that all about? I mean, friends don't just ditch each other one random day.
But then today wasn't exactly random. Weird things had been happening all week. Cassie's odd "vacation," Sammy's crying (well, more crying than usual; the little brat cried every day), and then . . . Tris. Tris. Tris Tris Tris Tris Tris. No no no no no.
Realizing I was crying, I wiped my face with my sleeve and slowed to button my felt coat. It was getting dark outside. People would be having dinner soon. And where would I be? Definitely not at the table. I was never going back to Jackson Crescent EVER AGAIN.
It was on that thought when I heard the whispering. No, whispering didn't explain it correctly. It was more like . . . leaves rustling in the wind. But not exactly. And guess what? Lucky (or not, who knew?) for me, the noise was just around the next block.
Thankful for the excuse not to think of recent events, I picked up my pace and crossed the street without even checking for cars. I turned, eager to see what the noise was . . . and skidded to stop.
The end. Okay, I guess that doesn't really give you much information, except for the fact that June knew people called Sammy, Tris, and Cassie. Fail.
You know what? I think I might turn the story into a series of blog posts. Would you like me to?
~Billybobjean
P.S. The story I have in mind could easily turn into a variation of Maximum Ride, so that's why I'm not creating an actual book out of it.
P.P.S. Yet another scheduled post. I don't have computer access as this is posted. (Why I'm telling you this, I have no idea.)
Awesome! So.....suspenseful!
ReplyDeleteI think it would be awesome if you had a weeks segment of this, like a TV show on your blog... totally do it!
I'm not sure if this is me being oblivious again or what, but I didn't see any paragraph that you posted. XD
ReplyDeleteYeah, a quick Ctrl-F reveals that it was me being just plain stupid, since I /read/ that paragraph. *facepalm* Don't mind me.
ReplyDeleteYEAH! YEAH! YEAHYEAHYEAH! Oh, that's awesome! YES! DO THAT! YAYYY!
ReplyDeletePLEEEASEEE?!
*attempts to compose self*
Thanks guys! Okay, I'll do that . . . maybe a segment every three days or something.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I inserted a link to the original paragraph to (hopefully) prevent any more confusion. :P