I have a tendency to name random objects, ranging from fuzzballs to pillars. Here are the stories of some of the things that lasted the longest:
JAM - In the winter of 2010, two friends and I built a dirt mound and dubbed it JAM. I can't tell you why JAM is JAM and why its name is spelled in all capitals for various privacy reasons of others, but anyway . . . word of JAM the Dirt Mound spread, and soon people were gathering around JAM at recess and making it bigger. It was pretty fun.
Then it snowed, and the snow turned to ice, and we turned JAM into an ice-skating rink. JAM made an excellent ice skating rink.
Fuzzy - Fuzzy was discovered in the spring of 2010 on the playground by a friend (who I call Gilbert) and me. We caught Fuzzy as he (or it) drifted through the air and played with him for the rest of recess.
Deciding that the little fuzzball was too cute to release, we named him Fuzzy and stored him in Gilbert's lunchbox.
From that day on, Fuzzy napped on a napkin (it was a napkin) in Gilbert's lunchbox when Gilbert and I weren't playing with him on the playground or in the cafeteria.
And then it happened. Gilbert turned against poor Fuzzy! *sniffle* During lunch, Gilbert would stab Fuzzy with a spork while cackling evilly.
. . . After that, only Gilbert knows what truly happened, but Fuzzy disappeared, never to be seen again.
Laurie - About a week in the Fuzzy Era, I found another 'valuable' object on the playground: a bamboo stick (even though there wasn't a single bamboo plant on the playground) that oddly resembled a flute . . . except for the fact that it wasn't hollow. I decided to name the stick Laurie and took her inside. Laurie immediately became a class celebrity (I don't know how or why), and then, somehow, nearly the whole grade knew about Billybobjean's bamboo stick (apparently, word spreads fast among students).
Laurie actually lasted until the end of the school year; I brought her home for the summer . . . and then she vanished. I think one of my parents saw her, thought she was a stray stick one of the family brought in, and threw Laurie away. So that was the end of her.
Powl - Recently, pillar-hugging has become a hobby of mine (you should try it). Pillars make great objects for hug-practicing, but the downside is they don't return the affection. :( Everything can't be perfect, I suppose.
So, a few months ago I decided to name my favorite pillar, and I chose the name Powl, which is a mix of 'pole' and 'Paul.' Clever, huh? Just kidding. "Powl" isn't clever.
. . .
There you have it. The proof that I am crazy.
~Billybobjean
P.S. For the next two months, I'm probably going to post mainly writing on here, but there will be some actual blogging once in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment