Ah, bookmarks. Yes, I do use them, since I find dog-earing despicable (no offense meant to people who do dog-ear pages, but since I grew up in the library, learning to not "harm" books was one of my first lessons), but I wish my memory span was long enough to remember a page number or chapter.
Yes, bookmarks can create nice collectibles, and they come in many shapes sizes, and forms, but half of these new designs don't work (for me, at least). Like the ones shaped like animals. I tore up a page by jamming one in too far. I guess that would be my fault, but you shouldn't buy bookmarks that have that much page-tearing potential. I like to stick to the rectangle ones made out of stiff paper. With pictures on them. Those kinds of bookmarks work perfectly fine. But I don't like words. Those bookmark slogans are boring. "I'm a reader!" "Keep reading!"
Not that I don't like being called awesome. I do. I just find pictures more pleasant to look at whenever I close or open a book.
But my bookmarks end up everywhere. Even under couch cushions. If they're not in a book, I lose them. And since I have almost ten, I find them in the oddest places: dressers, magazine racks, beds . . .
Which is why I do a lot of digital reading, even though I like paper better.


Ha. Ha. I wish I remembered to use a bookmark. I don't remember the page number. That is, I try to remember it, but it never really turns out that way. So I kind of just flip through the book. "Oh, that sounds like I've read it before. *flip flip* What? He's dying? Too far. *flip flip* Oh yeah, this is where I was!"
ReplyDeleteAs for bookmarks, I have way more than 10. I'd hazard a guess of 20, but I have no way of knowing that because they aren't here right now. And I never use them, so I wouldn't know anyway.